Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Slides and Other Things


 

I had a supervision this morning I think it went OK although the writing I sent in wasn't really supposed to be PhD writing it seemed to go some way in providing a context for the next piece of writing.  It wasn't trying to be very clever but it ended up having some quite clever bits in it.

I did two days at the playground and finished off a big tidy up, helped Patrick sort his office out and started to build a platform for the new up-cycled slide.  None of this is part of my residency or my PhD it is working as a volunteer and it complicates things in what I'm hoping is a good way.  

The supervision went quite well though I left thinking I need to be less opaque and more explicit in my PhD writing.  Instead of presenting something I feel is a poetic speculative proposition I also need to explain in more detail what this is and why I think it.  Just found out our house sale has fallen through which should not be very worrying but somehow is strangely worrying and a reminder that I'm not feeling particularly myself at the moment. 

Kate came up with a good plan for my writing and I ordered a Tausig book to read.  I read a very short introduction to continental philosophy over the weekend and this felt like the kind of reading I used to do for pleasure.  It was similar to the Harmen books I've read about Object Orientated Ontology.   Lots of returns to Kant and references to Hegal and Hursul and the Frankfurt group.  I am not sure why I read it and I'm feeling a bit at sea but i think it is the house move and sale and all the kids coming home - in their words I'm feeling a bit Moach which means emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment