Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas Beyond Good and Evil


 Grass has started growing on the ramp up to the loose parts platform.  One of my last jobs was to scatter grass seed and I'm surprised to see it germinated so well in the winter.   It was nice to pop into the playground and wish everyone a happy Christmas. Patrick's mum died last week and he is grieving but also going into work and doing his job which makes sense of things for him.  I did the projections in Rotherham and now I have run out of steam.  I want to finish my chunk of writing I have been working on so I can forward it to Kate and Laura before the Christmas break.  I'm a bit frightened to look at it in case it turns out to be a bit shit.  I also need to get it just as good as I can as I think it is probably the start of my PhD proper.  

I have put Anti Oedipus to one side and I'm reading John Berger.  He is nice to read and I think cleverly balances his writing in a way I can draw on.  This will be my job of work I think to balance the world with my writing and to write for artists.  Perhaps I will be like Spinoza and I will be discovered in some future epoch.  

Part of me is worried that I have got lazy another part tells me I need a bit of a break.  To be honest with myself  I haven't been very motivated for the last two weeks and now all the kids are home and I feel like I need to rest my brain for a few weeks even if I don't really deserve it.

I never did actually write any notes on a Minor Gesture apart from the first two chapters although it feels like these are the most relevant. 

I feel a bit all at sea again but this state is the modern condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment