Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Tuesday tea time


Just had a power walk in  the Cemetery  I have been making power bowls for dinner which is just salad in  a bowl really.  I am feeling like a need to keep fit and healthy and power on.   The playground is  now closed to the public and I'm not sure I can carry on working there during the current lock down period.  Its probably a good idea to have a bit of a break as the platform is finished and we can't commission it so I would end up doing odd jobs which is not really a good idea. 

I sanded the dining room floor today and have moved upstairs I have sorted out all my PhD books and have a plastic crate filled with the most important ones.  In a way I have gone full circle as I am back reading Erin Manning's a minor gesture . In the first chapter she gives a pretty good description of what research creation means to her and  its pretty useful for me.  I think that this is the key to the work  of writing as I am getting closer to thinking that what is missing is a way to write about art making that is more entwined with making.  Perhaps this is worldizing, I prefer this to diffraction as it lets things hold their difference within a totality in a way I feel is more in tune with making and doing in the world. 

I am struggling top get through the Manning .I thought I might of gone more clever over the last two years but I'm not sure I have really as I annotated my copy and it seems to be annotated in all the best places. The problem we have is she slides into Bergson and pulls a big chunk out of Whitehead and before this sent me into a spiral worm hold of speculation that didn't really get me anywhere - this time I need to be more strategic in where I end up.

I don't have much to say today - I am just checking in with myself as I said i would every week - when I read this back I hope i will see it as the start of a turning point - a minor gesture perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment