Monday, May 17, 2021

Just breath- reciprocal bellows


 I like these bellows as they are beyond restoration. They are reciprocal  I think this means that they give a constant stream of air  or perhaps they pump on the upward and downward stroke. Not now of course, now they are useless.  However they are dignified and beautiful in their decay a last gasp of entropy after helping to fire the forges of the industrial revolution. 

I woke up this morning and there is nothing written in my dairy for the week.  I mended the coffee machine and then read a little bit about continental philosophy, a sort introduction.  I then listened to Steph Springay talk about research creation and rigor in an hour and a half long webinar on post philosophy and educational research.  I only really listened to the edges of the talk I found it hard to follow in my current frame of mind.  The day has sped past - the coffee machine was stripped down and re assembled 4 times but is now working I did a little "get in there" move of the hand  to myself when I finally got it working as I was a bit worried that it was gone for good. 

Two people coming to view the house this evening Lots of footage from the Odd project that Charles has taken to scrub through and think about.  I spoke to Kate about the final book chapter towards the end of last week.  The idea is that you don't replace  theory or methodology or ontology with something else - diffract through or simply develop  and extend we just allow a gap or placeholder to make difference possible. That is it really we haven't got much to go on.  I will blog later in the week if I feel more settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment