Friday, June 12, 2020

Taking note


Of course the picture is not accidental  the hammer is placed, the break in the wood I had just made is positioned so it lines up with the edge of the bench.   The newer wood on the right hand side is not placed - it is accidental but I like it creeping into shot - as with my ripped work jeans.  The rhetoric of this image is constructed - it is one of about twenty I took with this blog post in mind.  An image and some writing, an image and some writing - I've been blogging since 2005,   it is my legacy to myself as nobody else ever reads it.

I wanted to just make a note of how in the becoming plateau D and G write about 15 pages about secrets - secret societies but also the nature of secrets.  This chapter is very long it has taken about 8 days and  I worry a bit about the becoming-woman section.  There are some origins of the post-human thinking that may emerge from this writing.  The idea that the white European man is never a becoming as he is molar fixed and finished and stands with Jesus at the center of everything to become anything at all he needs to become- woman.  It is a difficult chapter and dances around a lot - exploring music and introducing the refrain walking us through Henry James who is consistently becoming woman.  It again has the trap sentences the apology for saying one word when they mean another 20 pages later,   just to remind you to stay awake.

So there are no notes to take but a sense of synergy in the fact I talk about art and arts practice as a secret plan.  I explain this secret to Abi and then regret it.  I explain to Kate that my residency is actually within ESRI she talks of Russian dolls - I think I need a secret plan within this secret plan that is opaque - a becoming plan - a process plan a flow from the middle.

It would be nice to take the idea of the opaque from Glissant and the secret fro D and G and have these two threads as the theory of my PhD - I think this would be enough and it would certainly sound cool when I have to speak to academics about it.

Whats your PhD about Steve?

"I am working through the notion of the secret drawing on D and G by way of the Body without organs to explore the opacity of the subjective within artistic residency.  The residency that only becomes within the subjective of time  in opposition to a point of location.  I am thinking with Glissant about opacity within fields of practice and the molecular nature of nomadic  moment within   smooth space. "

The images rhetoric is louder when it remain opaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment